Sep 10-In Fences, Lyons asks his father, Troy, to lend him money. Do you think adult children should ask their parents to borrow money, or should they be expected to handle their financial problems on their own? Explain your opinion and connect it to your own experiences, observations, or beliefs about family and money.

 Response- It depends on the situation of someone or the age, But in my opinion if they are fresh out of high school, around 18 or 20 and they still need to get their life started I can see that happening. But past that absolutely not, I think you should be independent financially. For example in my family both of my brothers graduated high school and they received help from their parents financially when they first started out in college, I think thats okay since they only rely on their parents for college expenses, and my oldest brother started paying for himself. I think it's okay to ask for help, but completely relying on your parents for money past 21 is a no for me.

Summary- In class we read fences act one.

Reflection- I learned the STEAL method in reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

prompt- What are three goals you want to achieve?

Sep 4-Prompt: After watching your classmates present their identity masks, think about how people are often more complex than what we see on the outside. What did the presentations teach you about looking beyond the surface when getting to know someone?