Aug 13-Prompt: If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.
Response- Some people have thought that i was mean or stuck up based on my appearance. I feel like people would miss that Im a kind soul, and hardworking. A lot of life experiences have helped me be more mature and careful about things and how I act. Those are the main things that have influenced me as a person (my culture identity).
Summary- In class we watched videos about biracial people who didn't look their actual race and we answered questions about the video in writable.
Reflection- I learned that some people can choose to identify as a race even if they have a small percentage of that race.
Comments
Post a Comment