Aug 21-Reflect on a specific gender expectation within your culture that has been challenging for you to navigate. Then describe one clear example of this expectation and explain why it has been difficult for you. Keep your response concise, vivid, and focused on your personal experience.

Response- Most of the gender expectations for women in my culture have been to have manners and be ladylike. Specifically not being loud which I had trouble growing up. I had always been shy but when with my family I was very talkative and sometimes couldn't control the volume of my voice. I would always get in trouble for speaking out too much if we went out to eat somewhere public. But it's valid because who wants a 10 year old talking loud and being inconsiderate of others.

Reflection- I learned how some cultures have some bizarre expectations for women/young girls.

Summary- In class we read GIRL by Jamaica Kindaid and did a 10 question quiz on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sep 10-In Fences, Lyons asks his father, Troy, to lend him money. Do you think adult children should ask their parents to borrow money, or should they be expected to handle their financial problems on their own? Explain your opinion and connect it to your own experiences, observations, or beliefs about family and money.

prompt- What are three goals you want to achieve?

Sep 4-Prompt: After watching your classmates present their identity masks, think about how people are often more complex than what we see on the outside. What did the presentations teach you about looking beyond the surface when getting to know someone?