Aug 24-Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

Response- Off the top of my head I can think of a time when someone assumed I listen to Taylor Swift because im white. It was kind of funny but annoying and it was on the first day of school this year. We had to introduce each other and answer questions about each other to the class and i was introducing someone else and a guy was introducing me. One of the questions was ¨what is something interesting no one would guess about you¨, and I told him that I was born on valentines day. When it was his turn to introduce me we both stood up and he started lying about everything saying the complete opposite of what I told him including saying I was a switftie fan. It was kind of funny but I was annoyed and had to announce I didn't listen to Taylor Swift.
Summary- In class we filled out a form of stereotypes.
Reflection- I learned new stereotypes society has set for certain cultures and genders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sep 10-In Fences, Lyons asks his father, Troy, to lend him money. Do you think adult children should ask their parents to borrow money, or should they be expected to handle their financial problems on their own? Explain your opinion and connect it to your own experiences, observations, or beliefs about family and money.

prompt- What are three goals you want to achieve?

Sep 4-Prompt: After watching your classmates present their identity masks, think about how people are often more complex than what we see on the outside. What did the presentations teach you about looking beyond the surface when getting to know someone?