Aug 11- Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?
Response- Growing up i lived in a Hispanic area and I think that probably influenced my identity. Some of my best friends are Hispanic and I've always been around their culture (Eating their food and family parties). I've never been pressured or felt like I had to change myself to fit in, I've always just been me. There have been some times in my life where I did question myself but I've always known who I am.
summary- In class we learned about a girl who posed as being black who was actually white.
reflection- I learned about the girl Rachel who chose to identify as black and got canceled because people found out she was white from a leaked photo of her as a teenager.
Comments
Post a Comment