Sep 21-Prompt: At the end of Fences, forgiveness becomes an important part of the characters moving forward. Do you think forgiving someone means you also have to forget what they did? Why or why not? Connect your response to your own experiences or observations.
Response- I think it's good to forgive but never forget. If you forget what they did to you then you're basically setting yourself up for failure in the relationship. If someone does you dirty and you forgive them they're most likely to do it again, and it could end up worse because sometimes their actions affect you more than just you. (It can put you in bad situations or get you in trouble). I know this because its happened to me and other people around me, 9 times out of 10 if you try to forgive and forget it doesn't end well in the long run.
Summary- In class we read the book fences.
reflection- I learned about Troys infidelity and how Rose responded to him admitting what he did.
Comments
Post a Comment